In the 1960s, 1210 Broad Street was the home of Amos and Andy Trotter Buick in what was once Chattanooga's Automobile Row. By 1999-long since vacated by the automobile dealer-the property had become an eyesore in what was soon to become the city's revitalized Southside district. Berry and Hunt acquired the property and set out to convert it into the city's newest premier Class A office space.
Working with local architects and contractors, Berry and Hunt redeveloped the property into four parcels, including a 32,000 square foot office building, expanded parking area and an auxiliary building. This effort was a truly comprehensive property conversion-from an old Buick service garage to Class A office space. At about the same time, the Tennessee Valley Public Power Association (TVPPA) was looking for a new office.
TVPPA desired the convenient location and professional development offered by Berry & Hunt at 1210 Broad Street. It was exactly what TVPPA was looking for - a premiere Class A office space with ample on-site parking in the heart of Chattanooga's Southside. It is also an example of how Berry and Hunt's vision and dedication to Chattanooga's realty assets provide opportunities for the city and its businesses.